Full Stack Developer with Operata
- Flexible work: Remote within Australia & NZ timezones or Melbourne CBD office
- Team member, reporting to the Principal Engineer
- Software startup, cutting edge technology
Operata is building the world’s first experience monitoring and assurance platform for cloud contact centers.
Our mission is to make ‘people experience’ the measure of communications quality – It’s about better connection.
We are a remote-first, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with team members in Australia and New Zealand
About the role
Full Stack Engineers at Operata are focused on making Operata the most reliable, trusted performance and experience monitoring platform around. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process millions of events per day and applications that support powerful monitoring and analytics at scale.
Our platforms are built on AWS, where we use technologies including EKS, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFormation and S3.
Our software is created using Go, Python, Scala, React, Redux, Cypress and Jest.
We rely on Kubernetes, Serverless, Docker, Opensearch, Flink, Superset, Postgres and Auth0.
We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches to build and manage our systems including Gitlab, Terraform, Jira and Datadog.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an autonomous, well-supported team where you can hone your skills & develop new ones.
How you will make an impact
- Build out our high-quality SaaS performance monitoring applications and API’s.
- Figure out new ways to solve complex problems relating to real-time media data collection, quality measurement, test and assurance automation.
- Work with 3rd party APIs (Browser, Voice, ML, AI, CPaaS, CCaaS, UCaaS, SaaS) to extract meaningful data for our customers.
- Get your hands dirty with data collection, data analytics and related machine learning tools.
- Contribute to and challenge our platform and its architecture.
- Work on R&D projects in response to customer-driven requests.
- Contribute to the product and engineering roadmap, and company success.
- Surprise yourself: Learn a whole bunch of new tricks.
- You have 3+ years demonstrable experience in full-stack development.
- Bachelor Level University qualifications in IT, Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- You will have a good-level understanding of Server Side development (Go or similar, Micro-services architecture).
- You will have experience and proficiency with other core technologies in the Operata stack.
- Experience with or understanding of AWS is advantageous.
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems.
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings.
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from founders and executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the business.
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there.
At Operata, we embrace inclusion and embrace diversity. We believe in work/life balance and bringing our true selves to work. To that end, we offer:
- Great equipment – awesome connectivity,
- Flexible working – and a day off for your birthday!
- Strengthen yourself – annual Learning & development budget.
- Family/community/work balance – in that order.
- Flexible return to work options – for when someone new arrives.
- Venture backed rocketship – come flying with us, its going to be a blast!
For us, better connection is something we live – with our people, customers, partners and our team, it’s reflected in our 8 core values:
- Execute the why. Grow with purpose.
- Play the long game. Build respect, value relationships.
- Progress over perfection. Act and iterate.
- Be fearless. Be empowered to innovate without fear.
- We’re customers too. We solve the problems we have.
- Impress yourself. Do it because you think it is valuable.
- Leave it better than we found it. Use our knowledge to do some good.
- Be thoughtful. Think first, empathize, consider our impact.
Read more about our culture and values at operata.com/story.